Monday, September 30, 2013

This is Me: Denise




My name is Denise and welcome to my blog. I formerly had a blog called Gluten Free Deni; but it became very obvious that I could follow a recipe but not create them.


This blog is a shared vision of Jenna and I for some time. I will let her introduce herself but she is hilarious.


My vision is to share my favorite books, the best food, and some mommyhood thrown in for good measure.


Books


I am a voracious reader, and am a confirmed speed reader which helps me surpass my Goodreads goals :) I learned how to read at a young age and there was always a book in my hand from that moment forward. There are many an embarrassing photo of me receiving books for the holidays.


As a youngster, I was obsessed with The Babysitters Club, Sweet Valley High, and R.L. Stine. Typical books for a teenager, although i was reading them way too early. After my family got sick of spending so much money and the books lasting less than a day, my Grandma threw a copy of Little Women and Gone With the Wind at me as a dare. I was hooked! From then on, I read anything and everything I could get my hands on even if it was not “age-appropriate”.


I still read that way, anything I can get my hands on. I love non-fiction and fiction equally so. I am especially partial to books about Lincoln, Star Wars and the expanded universe, psychology and neuroscience, historical fiction, and a good trashy romance novel every now and then.


If you are interested in everything, then i am the friend for you.



Food


Almost ten years ago, i got diagnosed with celiac disease. I was sick for well over a year before being diagnosed, got the call from the doc, went gluten free that day and never looked back. I cook gluten free foods for me and my family, and have educated more people than expected on gluten free living.


I also try and stay low carb since it also makes me feel better. Not the bacon for every meal low carb, but lean meats, veggies and dairy. I dabble here and there with Paleo living and would love the willpower to really go for it.



Parenting


I am the Mom of a beautiful 3 year old little girl who is an absolute riot. I will not expand too much yet but I cannot imagine having a blog where she isn'ta costar.


Disney

I belong to a family of absolute Disney freaks! We have annual passes, Disney Junior is always on our TV, our ipods are filled with Disney music, we wear Disney t-shirts….. Don't be surprised to see a lot of references to Disney.

No comments:

Post a Comment